Unlike other adiabatic products currently on the market, the EVAPCO eco-Air Series units are 100% fully rated. Every eco-Air unit comes with EVAPCO’s exclusive 100% thermal performance guarantee, ensuring peace of mind in selecting the ideal cooling solution for your needs.
- Dramatically reduced water consumption
- 304L stainless steel tubing as standard
- Aluminum fins as standard
- IBC Compliant for 1.5 Importance Factor installations
- Reduced maintenance
- Ships as one piece, ready for installation
- Low profile
Adiabatic Pre-cooling System
- Wetted pads can be utilized for pre-cooling entering air, resulting in greater energy savings, and increased capacity, with minimal water use
- Great for high dry bulb climates or high temperature applications
- Once-through design
- No water treatment required
- No cold water basin or pump
- No drift
Reduced or Eliminated Water Consumption
Compared to traditional evaporative systems, the eco-Air series will either eliminate or dramatically reduce water consumption. Adiabatic models only use water when the ambient conditions and load require it. Reducing water consumption also reduces the ongoing expenses related with the cooling equipment such as purchasing, treating, and disposing of water. When the eco-Air adiabatic models are used in conjunction with the EVAPCO controls package, water conservation is maximized based on proprietary PLC logic.
Scaling, corrosion, and water born bacteria concerns are minimized or eliminated with dry and adiabatic cooling equipment. The eco-Air Series reduces the maintenance traditionally associated with fully evaporative systems. The eco-Air adiabatic condenser is designed as a once through system, meaning it has no pump and no basin to hold water, which further reduces the time required for maintenance. Additionally, the adiabatic pads filter the air before reaching the coil, limiting the exposure of dirt and debris to the tube and fin heat transfer surface. Both NEMA and EC motor options require zero routine maintenance. There are no bearings to grease, belts to adjust, or fans to pitch and balance.
Advanced Motor Technology
Available with Electronically Commutated (EC) or NEMA fan motor designs.
The motors on the eco-Air series are pre-wired at the factory to UL standards, reducing costs associated with field wiring. As standard, all units are wired to a common terminal box. Adding the EVAPCO controls package allows for both single point power supply and complete capacity control.
- Premium efficient direct drive
- Zero maintenance sealed bearings
- VFD ready
- Severe Duty
EC motors are the latest development in energy savings and speed control.
The high efficiency wing tip fans operate up to 3 dB less than conventional blade fans with improved part speed energy consumption.
- Zero maintenance
- Integrated speed control
Superior Stainless Steel Technology
- Constructed with high-grade Type 304L stainless steel tubing as standard
- Meets ASME B31.5 refrigerant piping code
- Available in 5/8-inch OD
Through the use of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling software, finite element heat transfer analysis, and proprietary coil performance calculation methods, EVAPCO engineers have identified significant design elements to improve the finned coil performance. The extensive computer modeling has been refined and verified through coil performance evaluation in EVAPCO’s state of the art research laboratories.
Coil Return Bend Covers
Protects the coil return bends during handling and operation
Large Inspection Panel
Easily removable for interior inspection and access to coils and fan motors
All units are designed to ship and install as a single piece
Fork Lift Channels
Standard on all units up to 27 feet in length
Individual Motor Disconnect Switches
Mounted at each fan motor to electrically isolate individual motors
Internal Step Deck
Platform and grab rail for access to elevated fan section components
Epoxy Coated Fins
- Increased corrosion resistance
- No impact on unit capacity
EVAPCO Control Package
The EVAPCO Control Package is factory mounted and wired when configuration and shipping limitations allow.
Provides operating sequence and fan speed control based on real time heat loads and ambient conditions.
- EVAPCO PLC Controller
- Supervisory control system integration
- Fan speed control
- EC Motor Option: Modbus control of EC fan
- NEMA Motor Option: Packaged VFD with bypass switch
- UL Listed
- NEMA 3R Rated
- Thermal overload and short circuit protection of each motor
- Operate and fault indicator lights on outside of panel
- Refrigerant Pressure Sensor (shipped loose)
- Ambient Temperature Sensor
- Solenoid control of adiabatic pre-cooling system
- Rain/Sun Protection Hood (optional)